Saturday, March 20, 2010

MINNIE MOUSE

What fun it is to have the opportunity to make a childrens cake for a birthday party. Not only just one but two cakes. My boyfriend's niece was turning one and I was approached about making a cake for her birthday. Minnie Mouse was one of the requests.


I didn't want to make your average flat cake (everyone does that). Of course I needed to go one step further. I was given this awesome Teddy Bear cake pan that sits upright. After the cake was baked and with just a few extensions of fondant - now you have Minnie Mouse.

The other cake needed to be a cake that the toddler could dig her hands into, so a flat cake was a must. Moose was the request. I wasn't familiar with the character so I had to do a fair amount of online research. Thank goodness for the internet.

Both cakes were a success and many kids at the party could not wait to dig into Minnie Mouse . I rather should say tear it apart. Can't wait for another birthday. So much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment